Since 2016 we have been a nonprofit group dedicated to improving Downtown Eugene. We are made up of a wide range of businesses from small independent retailers to established marketing firms. Interested? Join us!
Downtown Eugene Merchants (DEM) promotes community, collaboration, and vibrancy for a more prosperous Downtown Eugene.
The association will:
- Stimulate awareness of the businesses and services available in Downtown Eugene
- Unify member businesses, recognizing there is strength in numbers
- Advance promotion of members and their businesses to market the neighborhood
- Strive to attract additional businesses to Downtown Eugene
What We've Achieved
- Created an easy to use map of Downtown businesses. Over 30,000 maps were distributed last year through hotels, Travel Lane County, Eugene Marathon, Oregon Bach Festival, retailers, and restaurants.
- Worked collaboratively with The City of Eugene and others to launch All Hallows Eugene and Light Up Downtown; now in it's third year.
- Launched an annual Sidewalk Sale in conjunction with Downtown Sunday Streets.
- Lead local hotel front line staff on tours of DEM businesses.
- Influenced city leaders to continue to support Downtown through collaborative advocacy.
- Introduced a DEM Facebook page, Instagram account, and Twitter feed. That showcases DEM members and downtown events.
- Developed annual marketing plans to promote Downtown Eugene. Through print ads, street banners, bus ads, and social media.
- Actively participate with other Downtown Stakeholders to advocate for downtown public safety and programing in the core.